Use these resources to help you better use media in our Web 2.1 world
Contact Kathy Fester for in depth presentations on digital media literacy, online and cell phone safety, and source evaluations and the two following workshops:
- GoogleSmart presentation you come to know how to best use Advanced Google, Google Scholar, and Google shortcuts.
- WikipediaWise presentation gives you what you need to know to evaluate Wikipedia articles for authority, neutrality, and clarity.
Useful Video Clips
- Did You Know? 2.0 if you haven’t seen this, look out. It is many years old but still powerful
- Did You Know? 4.0 updated for media audiences, advertisers
- Frustrations: Students in the Digital Age from Project Information Literacy
- Wikipedia from Project Information Literacy
- Youth Safety on the Social Web from ConnectSafely
- Jo Fool or Jo Cool? online game for middle school students, from Media Awareness Network
- Basic Web Page Evaluation Checklist to print out and fill out
- Fair Use Checklist what you can use and how you can use it
- Critically Analyzing Informaton (Cornel University)
- Evaluating Web Pages (UC Berkeley)
- Wayback Machine: Internet Archive (Earlier versions of websites)
- Whois Lookup (Domain search)
GoogleSmart & WikipediaWise by Kathy Fester is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Kathy Fester, MLIS