About Kathy Fester
My passion is helping students, teachers, administrators, parents, and organizations to better find the information they need, evaluate it, and use it ethically and effectively. These skills, in the context of new digital media, are crucial in an information-rich 21st century.
In particular I have *worked with the learning different student (K12), at The Shelton School, as the library director and administrative team member. All of the students in the incredible school have learning differences, and teaching library and research practices to these students is highly individualized and effective; *worked with University students, undergraduate and graduate levels, to develop research and information literacy skills; *worked at IB schools in NY and currently in Tbilisi, Georgia, as Library Director EC-12.
I work with schools, administrators, individuals, classes, home school groups, and give presentations nationwide. Over and over again my workshops have participants saying “how come no one ever showed me this before?!”
- International Baccalaureate Library Coordinator, New School, Tbilisi, Georgia
- Research & Instruction Librarian, Adelphi University, Garden City, New York
- Library Director and High School librarian, South Side High School (Rockville Centre, NY), an International Baccalaureate School.
- Library Director at The Shelton School (Dallas, TX), a school for students with Learning Differences.
- Lifetime NY State Permanent Teaching Certificate
- Permanent NY State Public Librarian Certificate
- Texas Teaching Certification
- Texas Public Library Certification
- Master of Library Science is from Long Island University
- BA in psychology is from University of California.
For fees, availability and to schedule a workshop or presentation for your group, or to arrange for individual research skills tutoring, contact Kathy Fester.
Kathy Fester, MLIS